So I got a few new lenses for Christmas. So far I love them, but I have A LOT to learn.
The first one is the Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 lens. Amazing lens so far. A friend of mine suggested this lens as I was looking for a zoom lens. The current lens on my camera, the Nikon D40 came with a 18-55 mm zoom. This lens will zoom to 200 mm. Much better huh? It is also a macro lens, which will capture amazing pictures of that tiny little ladybug you might see on a leaf.
Nikon 50 mm f/1.8D auto focus lens. Everything I read said this is the lens to get. It is cheap (around $125) and takes amazing portrait pictures. It gives a great bokeh effect (blurs out the background) and captures very sharp images. The one thing I really need to get used to is the manual focus. I have to focus the camera my self, no auto focus here. I have been practicing around the house capturing random moments with the daily happenings of life. I am very anxious to get this lens outside and capture some portraits of my girls with this new lens. But, until then you might see some random, crazy pictures of me playing with my new lens, trying to master the art of manual focus!


No comments:
Post a Comment