Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lauren's Writing

So over Christmas break Lauren had to do writing homework.  She was so on top of things she was reminding us that she needed to do her homework each night.  Her assignment was to write about an event and then draw a picture.  Here are some of my favorites.  I will interpret for you...because at this point in reading and writing sounding things out are important.  Kindergarten spelling is what her teacher calls it...spell it exactly how it sounds. 
"I like all of my toys that I got from Santa." 

"We made a gingerbread house at my old school." 

"Believe me that Freddy and Sam are in love."  Who are Freddy and Sam?  I have no idea...but apparently they are in love! 

This is my favorite.  "I love my whole family."  Lately she has been writing this on everything.  It is so sweet.  She has come so far in just half the year in Kindergarten so far.  It is amazing what they are taught and what they learn.  Meta cognition, Schema, visualizing, connection,  and so many other things I can't even remember right now. 

Lauren's second quarter grade card was near perfect.  She excels in reading, math and writing.  She still needs to work on fine motor skills of cutting and of course social skills of listening and not talking when the teacher is talking, but she has improved tremendously in her social skills and learning the rules of Kindergarten.  Way to go Lauren!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this adorable stage of note writing. It is SO adorable <3