On Saturday, we went out to the newly renovated Kaufman Stadium to see the Royals play the Cardinals. Ashley had been there, but I hadn't seen it yet. Wow. Well done, city of Kansas City.
We had decided it was time we took Lauren to another baseball game. It was Commerce Bank "Day at the K"(cheap tickets and food tent), so we headed out. No, we didn't leave Addison home alone...we got a babysitter.
We never did end up in our seats. Lauren's best friend from school was there, with his parents, who also work for Commerce. Her pigtails are Daddy's favorite.
Lauren is the best. Today, she gave me a coupon that she made at school. It said "1 coupon--Good for picking up bunnies". After a few hours on and off of deliberation, I finally figured out this is a coupon for me to spot a bunny out the window over the kitchen sink, and to grab her and lift her up to look out the window. Nothing makes me happier than kisses from my Boo.

My Sweet little Addison. I tell you what folks, this little angel's smile lights me up like 4th of July fireworks. I think it is because she smiles with not only her mouth and cheeks, but her whole face. Her eyes get a little sparkle in them.
My Sweet little Addison. I tell you what folks, this little angel's smile lights me up like 4th of July fireworks. I think it is because she smiles with not only her mouth and cheeks, but her whole face. Her eyes get a little sparkle in them.
Well...we are now wrapping up Father's day and I have babbled on. But to quote Gary Cooper in Pride of the Yankees (I don't expect any non-sports fan or anybody under 60 to get this)..... Today, I consider myself to be luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
2 comments:
It was so nice to see you write, Mark. I know we have never met in person, but your lovely wife has held my hand through some very rough times. Your words brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful family :) Happy Father's Day.
What a wonderful entry into the Harding Family blog. I only know your family from a distance, but it makes my day brighter to read about your daughters. Your father's day entry made me a bit misty! Enjoy your beautiful family and every moment that you have been given with them. Kim
Post a Comment