Well our little Addison is indeed little. She had her 18 month well child check a few days back and here are her stats:
20 lbs 10 oz- 5% for weight
31 3/4 inches- 75% for height
Dr. says she is fine, but man she seems so little to me. Dr. says she is just tall and skinny and growing fine.
I know the Dr. is right so I will try and stop worrying. Addison has a great appetite, will eat anything, and loves her milk.
We had a little scare at the Dr's office. When she was listening to Addison's lungs she asked me if I had ever heard her wheezing. I said no and know instantly that she must be because you don't ask that question if their lungs are clear. She looked at her breathing and noticed that she was having a little trouble breathing (some subcostal and intercostal retractions, and a little grunting as well). I felt horrible for not noticing, since she had had a cough/cold the last few days. I mean come on, I am a pediatric nurse. I assess and look at babies with heart defects all day. So the wheezing bought us a breathing treatment which Addison was none to happy about. The Dr. sent us home with Albuterol to use if she was coughing or wheezing again. The breathing treatment cleared her right up and I have not given her any Albuterol at home.
I hope it was just a fluke thing and not the beginning of a child with asthma. I know asthma is a very manageable disease, but it is chronic and life long.
Since her appointment she has been fine, just throwing a lot of fits these days when she does not get her way. Man, that little girl can scream. I am sure it will pass just like everything else does.
1 comment:
She and Bug have so much in common with being little and all. I hope the sweet thing feels better. Don't beat yourself up over not hearing her..it happenes. Hugs!
Post a Comment