Friday, November 5, 2010

Addison is 2


I have been meaning to update a few things since Addison turned 2.  At her well child check she was a whole 23 lbs 13 oz.  She is my tall and skinny girl (well Lauren is too!)    The Dr. was amazed that she know several of her colors already, and the Dr. said her speech was amazing.  She is growing and changing so fast. 

She has been fighting a cough/cold for several weeks now.  Anyone that know me knows I have a tendency to "sit" on my kids a little bit when they get sick.  I have the ability to listen to her lungs and know she is fine and just has a "viral something."  Well after three weeks of a cough/cold I finally took her in and turns out it is just allergies.  So both Lauren and Addison have been on Zyrtec for the last month...and they are better now.

Addison had a follow up optho (vision) appointment this past week at Children's Mercy.  She had a clogged tear duct as an infant (and that has cleared up) but she has a large degree of far sightedness, that will probably develop into near sightedness...which would mean glasses.  How cute would she be in glasses???

Addison continues to be a little devil in disguise (I almost dressed her up as a little devil for Halloween.)  She is ornery and starting to act like a typical toddler.  She messes with Lauren just to mess with Lauren.  She screams to get her way (and I usually give in because really there are not many battles I am choosing to fight these days.)  She had Cheetos for dinner the other night...that was it...Cheetos...Mark just shook his head at me...

The second child gets away with so much more than the first! 

But, we adore her and can't imagine life without her.  Her relationship with Lauren continues to amaze me each day. 

No comments: