So she did it! Addison is in her big girl bed and she loves it! We finally took her out of the crib, converted it into a double bed and she climbed right in and went to sleep. No fuss, no trouble, no problems, no getting out of bed, no crying. NOTHING. I gave her a kiss and a hug and told her to go to sleep and she did!!!??? Can you believe it! I can't! We are so proud of her.
I love the way her room has come together. The yellow on the wall is very bright, cheery and kid friendly. I hung up some pictures this week and I am looking for a few more things to complete the room. I think I will put a butterfly above her bed, next to the window. I am still trying to figure out what to do on the long wall that her bed is on. I don't want too much as I could envision her standing up in bed and messing with whatever is on the wall...so I will just wait until I find something perfect.
She has a pink box full of toys, a book shelf with more toys and books that are easy for her to get to. She also had the baby crib that my Dad made her FULL of her stuffed animals..and she plays with all of them. I love the green rug and the pictures I have put up on the wall. They really make the room come together.
She is so tiny in that big bed. It is so big she needs a step stool to climb up into it! Lauren had one in her room and she said "oh, I don't need it any more. I will just give it to sissy." Lauren is such a great big sister.
We went to the library this week and got some more books. Addison immediately ran up to her room to start reading them. It was so sweet.
So we are so proud of her and so thankful that she transitioned so well and easily. She did not give us any trouble and has climbed into bed each night for about a week now and gone straight to sleep (well she got up a few times to go potty, but that is no big deal!) Way to go Addison!
All the bedding and decor is from Target.
No comments:
Post a Comment