Today is the 100th day of school! This is a big deal at Lauren's elementary school. I don't remember a celebration for the 100th day of school as a kid, but today it is a big deal. Lauren has been talking about it for weeks and the big day is today. I am so bummed because I signed up to volunteer, then when we had the stupid snow day a few weeks back it moved the 100th day to today, a Friday. I am not able to get away from work on a Friday so I will have to miss out on the party and the celebration. I have promised Lauren that I will be at her Valentine's party, so she is OK with me missing the party today!
Each classmate has to bring 100 things in a zip lock plastic bag. Lauren chose marshmallows. It has to be the same thing, small enough to fit in the plastic bag, not roll around on the table. (Don't mind the blurriness in this picture. I have my Nikon 50mm/1.8 manual focus lens on the camera. I am trying to get all the practice I can get!)
Here she is counting the marshmallows. We had to get exactly 100 in the baggie. We kept getting interrupted by a certain little sister and so it took a while...
Lauren had a lot of fun preparing for the all day party today at school. She has been able to count to 100 long before even starting Kindergarten, but it was still good practice to get her marshmallows ready.
Thank you Lauren for being a model with my new lens. I like this last picture. The color is amazing, the sharpness is even better, and the bokeh effect is my favorite.
1 comment:
Love it! Noah 's school had the same thing. He counted 100 goldfish for his baggie.
Post a Comment