Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Oh my, it is Sunday night and I am SO exhausted.  It was been a wonderful Spring Break and a crazy busy weekend.  I am trying to get this post up during half time of the KU game, so I can sit and relax for the second half of the game.  Although I have been off work the last 5 days, I am totally wiped out and ready for the weekend.  It is going to be a long week, huh? 

Saturday we had a ton of fun with the Beecham's at the St. Patrick's Day parade in downtown Kansas City along Broadway.
We lucked out and found a parking spot along the street only about 2 blocks from the parade. We there early and still had trouble finding a place to sit along the curb. 

We claimed our territory and set up our little chairs.  The girls started snacking and Mark and I started people watching.  I was not sure what to expect with the crowd with it being St. Patty's day and all.  But, there were TONS of families (we were up near the start of the parade) and tons of cops to keep things under control.  We had absolutely no trouble at all.  Lauren saw a friend from school, one of her daycare teachers, I saw a DR. that I work with and Addison even saw a little friend from daycare. 

Addison sat like this for the longest time.  Look at those long slender legs....she is so pretty!  Oh, and her outfit, picked out by her of course.  Her shirt is from 2008 and she insisted on the red sparkly shoes with no socks.  You don't even want to know the battle we had before just letting her wear this outfit.  Not worth it at all. 


Aiden and Lauren hung out most of the parade.  They had fun. 

There were several marching bands and dancers.  They were my favorite.  There were floats and horses as well.  Slugger was even there.  Lauren said her favorite thing was the juggler, and Addison said her favorite thing was sitting with Daddy. 

She dozed off around noon.  There were several LOUD Harley's in the parade and they did not even phase her.  She was out for about 20 minutes. 

After the parade we headed to the beer garden.  Yes, the beer garden.  It was VERY family friendly with a kids play area, cheap hot dogs and drinks, and music.  The kids had fun and we were able to visit with Shannon and Amy a little more. 

Lauren was getting pretty tired at this point...but I love this picture.  She looks so much like Mark. 

We had fun, the girls really enjoyed the parade and it was a good time catching up with the Beecham's.  Oh how St. Patty's day has changed...for the better of course! 

No comments: