Friday, July 19, 2013

Riviera Maya- Day 3

Tuesday July 9th was Mark's 40th birthday!  We had a great day planned.  


After sleeping in, enjoying breakfast at La'Isla, we headed to the beach for a massage.  An 80 minute massage ON.THE.BEACH.  It was heaven.  


This is the couples massage area.  We had a massage early in the morning, so it was not too hot, but Mark said he still got a little warm.  


It was so relaxing to lay there and just listen to the sound of the ocean in the background.  (Although there was a few more distracting sounds that I managed to ignore, but Mark did not!) 


Before we headed to lunch and the pool to relax and enjoy some more drinks we got sucked into listening to a presentation on time shares.  Ugh.  It took over an hour and took away from our pool time.  We were finally able to get away from that and enjoyed lunch at JoJo's again.  



One of my favorite drinks of the week...Lalita's daughter.  (Again, I have no idea what is in it.) 




This one too..I think it was a banana and strawberry daiquiri.  




We spent the whole afternoon (2-5:30) at a pool and parked at the swim up bar.  We met several great couples this afternoon and enjoyed talking to them.  We also did face time with the girls from the pool (Wifi was best there) and the girls said hello to our new friends as well.  It started to sprinkle around 5:30, which was OK because we needed to head back and shower for the night.  


We had dinner at La'Fluenta.  It is a culinary theater where the food is prepared in front of you.  

It was a 5 course meal with food from Sicily, Hawaii, Japan, Jamaica, and Iceland.  


At first we were told that they were full Tuesday night.  We really wanted to go Tuesday night since it was Mark's birthday.  Well, they made some arrangements and got us in...front and center at the best table in the house.  Mark asked me if I had something to do with it, and I did not.  I had no idea we had the best table in the house! 


If you were not sitting front and center, you could see what was going on on the big TV screens placed throughout the restaurant.  There was also a special birthday song for Mark and an extra glass of wine for the both of us with dessert.  


It was a great day and a perfect way to celebrate Mark's 40th birthday!  That night we went to the beach to see the turtles.  There are huge (4 feet) turtles that come out at night and lay their eggs on the beach.  The turtles dig holes very deep to lay their eggs and at dawn they return back to the ocean.  It was crazy to watch and I really wanted to take a picture, but Mark told me not to mess with nature.  He was probably right...

Happy 40th Birthday Mark.  I hope it was a good one.  I sure had fun!  





No comments: