Before I get to all the Christmas posts I wanted to take some time to remember today. Today we went to visit my Grandma, the girls great grandma. They don't have much of a relationship with her because she is 91 years old and unable to talk anymore. She has had Dementia for a few years now, but is actually very healthy from a medical standpoint. She is very happy and content in her current nursing home.
I thought it would be nice to make some arts and crafts for the for the residents of the facility. It was something for the girls to work on over Christmas break and something for them to do while we were at the nursing home.
Addison was extremely brave and passed out most of the penguins her and Lauren made. Addison has never known a stranger and will talk to anyone..and apparently hug anyone as well!
Nothings seems to phase her. One old guy really seemed to like her and kept giving her several hugs. Little did he know he was running over her foot with his wheelchair over and over again. Addison didn't seem to mind. She said it didn't hurt. One tough kid as well.
Lauren warmed up after a while and decided to hand out a few of her own. Everyone was very appreciative and it really seemed to brighten up the day. My Grandma seemed to recognize us and responded to a few things while I tried to talk to her. I think it was good learning experience for the girls as they were full of questions after we left. It is nice to see my Grandma well taken care of in her simple little world as it is today.
No comments:
Post a Comment