Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We spent the day in Lawrence with my mom's side of the family. The Merritt Family Thanksgiving has always drawn a big crowd. This year we had 31 people at our feast with Addison being the newest member of the family. We enjoyed a wonderful meal thanks to my Aunt Renee and Aunt Jeanie, and Uncle Lee and Uncle Marcus. They slaved away in the kitchen cooking the turkey, ham, potatoes, and stuffing. Everyone else brought wonderful side dishes to complete the meal. It was a great Thanksgiving. I snapped this picture before we headed out for the day.
Look at those eyes! So cute! Addison slept through most of Thanksgiving. She was awake to eat and stayed awake for a short time. Mark and I were able to sit down and eat and enjoy a great meal!

Addison's Nana and Great Grandma. This was the first time Addison met her Great Grandma.


Luke and Lauren. They just adore each other so much. They are second cousins. Lora is my cousin and is Luke's mom. Luke and Lauren met last year at Thanksgiving for the first time and they just love each other. Lauren tried to keep up with the big kids at Thanksgiving, running and playing. Luke took great care of Lauren and watched out for her. He spent a lot of time running and playing with her.


The family quilt. It was made by several of the girls in the family, including myself. This past year my sister had the quilt, which was cool since Claire was born when Jen had it. Jen passed the quilt onto Lora and she will keep it for the year. When you have the family quilt you take pictures with it and keep a journal about the quilt for the year. It is a great family tradition. I am so excited that I have two daughters that will one day have the family quilt for a year as well.
Of course I am thankful for the obvious this year, Addison. We feel so blessed to have a healthy thriving daughter to complete our family. I am thankful for my wonderful husband and the amazing father that he is with Lauren and Addison. I am thankful for Lauren and the many smiles she brings to my face each day with the funny things that come out of her mouth. I often wonder where she picks up some of the things she says. She is too funny!




No comments: