Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve


I love Christmas Eve and I love starting traditions with my girls on Christmas Eve. The past few years Lauren and I have made cookies for Santa, which we did today. This year we started a new tradition that Christmas Eve will be jammie day. We started this for a few reasons. Today at school was jammie day and Lauren was very sad that she was missing it, so we had jammie day at home. It was also jammie day because Lauren has been sick the last few days and did not want to get dressed today anyway. I was a little worried this morning that she was going to be sick again today when she fell asleep on the couch at 8:30 this morning, but that passed and she seems to be feeling better!


All dressed up for church. I can't even believe we got out in this mess, but you can't miss church on Christmas Eve right?



After church we always go to my Grandma's house. It was on the way home so we stopped by and dinner. It was a quick visit since you could hear the sleet hitting the house like crazy. Lauren and Addison got to open one present, new jammies. Another tradition that I started this year...New jammies on Christmas Eve.


Lauren wrote Santa a letter to tell him she wanted a water snake. That is the only thing she really wants for Christmas (so we bought 6.)

All the girls loot! I can't wait for morning!



I had to stare at this package all day today when Mark was at work. Lauren told me she picked it out and it was pretty jewels. She said "you can't open it till Christmas Mommy." I can't wait till morning!!!!

I love this picture!



I really need to head to bed. The girls are asleep, and Mark is too. I am just so excited for the morning and the white Christmas. Sure do hope we can make it to my parents later in the day. Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: