Race for the Cure
by
Mark
On Sunday, Ashley raced in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure race. While I told her many times how proud I am of her, I don't think she realizes exactly how proud I really am. See, my wife is not a runner. She never really has been. But this race was important to her. She has several family members that have endured breast cancer, and wanted to run in support of them. Over the last several weeks, Ashley has shown a dedication that has been an inspiration to me. Many times over the last 8 weeks, Ashley has woke up at 5am and ran in the morning. She woke up that early for two reasons: 1) It has been blazing hot this summer and 2) She didn't want to miss time with her family after work.
Ashley, know this...you have made me, your girls, and I am sure your whole family so proud of you.
Enjoy the pictures below.
These are the names of the women in Ashley's family that have endured breast cancer.
Run, Ashley, Run
Ashley ran with her friend Mandy
Lauren and I made signs to cheer Ashley on. Addison had more important things to worry about.
Little Addison just chillin'
While I went and got the car (we had to park a country mile away), Ashley and the girls went and played in the fountains at Crowne Center.
2 comments:
awww Mark, what a sweet post! And I have news for you. She may not have used to have been a runner, but she is now! She ROCKED that race! Go Ashley!
Mark, what a wonderful post! Ashley he's right we are VERY proud of you!
Post a Comment