Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Addison

Two years ago today at 4:57 I sat down at the computer and my water broke!  I had just talked to Mark about 20 minutes earlier, told him I felt fine, nothing was happening and to go ahead and go to the gym.  Lauren was watching TV and I just freaked out at the warm sensation oozing down my leg.  Lauren thought I peed my pants, and Mark did not believe me when I called him and told him my water just broke. 

It took him 45 minutes to get home since he just left work and he works downtown (rush hour traffic around here is brutal.)  My sister did not answer when I called her, and neither did my parents.  So I rushed around (no contractions were happening at first) packed a bag and finally got a hold of my sister to come over and watch Lauren so Mark and I could get to the hospital. 

When I arrive at 6:30 I was already dilated to a 4.  It took almost 2 hours to get my epidural and from then on it was easy sailing.  I pushed for about 20 minutes (a total of 6 times) and Addison Renee Harding was born at 10:43 at night.  She weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 20  1/4 inches long.  It was well after 3 in the morning before the nurses got me cleaned up and Addison got her first bath.  Mark was asleep by 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning, he just could not keep his eyes open any longer. 

We were home with our new baby before she was even 36 hours old!  It all happened so fast, and was truly an amazing experience.  She has challenged us in these first 2 years of her life in ways Lauren never did.  Addison is our dare devil, our risk taker, and our child that will push our buttons in the years to come, but we would not trade it for anything.  She is our social butterfly that does not know a stranger (she is yet to have stranger anxiety.)  She is laid back and easy going.  She adores Lauren and always wants her Mommy (although there for a while she was really into Mark and that just melted my heart.) 

Here she is just before leaving the hospital.  Lauren has adored her since the day she was born.  Lauren is an amazing big sister that will always be there for Addison.  She is just like a little Mommy to Addison. 

6 months old and full of smiles.  Addison is always a very happy baby. 

One year pictures.  I took them at Unity Village and they turned out great. 

18 months old!  I fixed her hair in piggy tails most of the summer because it just looked to sweet on her! 

And here she is now.  I just love this picture.  These first 2 years have flown by and I know it will just continue to go even faster as the girls get older.  We are planning on going to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner tonight, then opening presents with the 4 of us.  We will have Addison's birthday party on Saturday with family and friends. 

Addison is so excited for her birthday.  We have Tinkerbell cupcakes for her friends at school today, which I am sure the kids will enjoy.

Happy Birthday Addison.  We love you. 

2 comments:

Mandy said...

awww I loved reading about her birth day. It's all so exciting. Happy Birthday to your sweet little angel!

Kelli said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Addison!!