Saturday, October 16, 2010

KC Marathon

Today was the KC Marathon.  I ran in it...as a team member of a relay...4.0 miles in 37:55 (9 minute and 28 second mile.)  I was pleasantly surprised with that time.  The last 2 miles of my leg were all up hill.  Very tough! 

This is the only picture I got because I did not have my camera on the course with me.  That is the only disadvantage to a nice SLR camera, the size of course.  Mark and the girls were waiting for me at the end of my finish line to cheer me on.  I love seeing them at the end of my races!  Then I joined my friend Kelly for the last 1/2 mile or so of her leg and Mark and the girls were there cheering me on for that again too! 

Our team name was the Tacky Cardias (we all work in Cardiology at CMH.)  We wore crazy socks and hair bows.  Our shirts said "The faster you run, the faster you're done."  We had a great time!  We finished in 4 hours and 31 minutes overall. 

I hope to get some more pictures from my teammates later this week.  Stay tuned! 
Kelli and I....we have lunch together everyday!  It is so much fun! 

Go Tacky Cardias.  This is at 6:30 in the morning before the race.  We met at the hospital and then walked down to the starting line.  It was a cold start. 

This is how far each of us ran.  Go Team!  Don't you just love the socks! 


Here we are almost at the end.  We all met and then ran in together with our last runner, Ashley.  She was hot, tired and happy to see us at the end! 



Here we are making a strong finish.  It was a great experience, a great thing to train for and work for.  I hope to keep it up over the winter months and run my first 10K next spring or summer. 

I have to give Mark a special thank you for allowing me the time to train for such an event.  Without his support I could have never done it.  He is hoping to do a 10K in the spring and a mini triathlon in the summer.  Go Mark!  It feels so good to be in such good shape both physically and mentally. 



1 comment:

Mandy said...

So cute and great time! Especially through sunset hills - you rock!