The quote above is from Lauren. We went to the Zoo on Saturday. She was in heaven...at the Kansas City Zoo! I can't wait till we hit the Omaha Zoo this summer as part of our family vacation to Chicago! 
The polar bear was a hit. Both girls loved her. This is the first time we have seen Nakita and she puts on quite a show.
We actually stopped there twice since it is right there by the front doors when you walk in.
Lauren really wanted to see the tigers and the lions. We saw the tigers since they are towards the front of the zoo. We skipped Africa (where the Lions are.) We try and skip Africa as much as we can. It is so far away and so little animals each time.
The girls love this stroller. We have gotten so much use out of it. It is actually getting pretty hard to push them both. It is 65 lbs of kid + stroller!
Penny, the elephant, had a birthday. It was her 50th birthday. The zoo had a party for Penny. It was really cool and the girls really enjoyed it.
This is not Penny, but all the elephants got a cake and a present to open up. It was really fun to watch. The present was straw covered in molasses and peanut butter, with some marshmallows thrown in. Yummy.
They even had cupcakes for everyone at the party! Totally fun for the girls. A party for an elephant at the zoo. That is something we have never done.
Of course I always snap a few pictures of the girls every chance that I get. They are used to it. Lauren in her dress of course, flip flops too! She is such a great sport with me endlessly taking pictures of her and Addison.
This girl will always pose for the camera and never takes a bad picture. I just adore her.
It was a great day at the Zoo and a very busy weekend. We just did typical weekend stuff. Errands, grocery store, laundry, etc. We both got long runs in again. Mark is thinking about doing a half marathon in 5 weeks. I know he can do it. I decided to run Sunday afternoon and was cooled off with rain. Lots of it, very hard, only for about 5 minutes. I was soaked! Hospital Hill is in less than 2 weeks and I am ready.
We spent Saturday night down at the neighbors house talking and relaxing. The kids were begging for us to push them on the swing, play soccer with them, or baseball. We all just wanted to relax. But then I thought, it won't be long before we won't have relaxing Saturday nights at the neighbors house with the girls. We will be busy running here and there, playing sports or doing gymnastics. Then will come the Saturday nights when the girls are out with their friends with no interest in Mom and Dad. We might be with the neighbors, but the girls won't be there and we will be left wondering where they are and when they are coming home!
So I got up, pushed Addison on the swing for the millionth time this weekend, and Lauren too. Because really, these times will be gone before we know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment