Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Garmin Forerunner 210

I  have a new toy.  The Garmin Forerunner 210, which I was completely obsessed with last night after the girls went to bed.  The Garmin watches track your distance when running, tell you your pace, monitor your heart rate, and count calories burned.  Mark bought the 405 a few months back and I raced with it a few times. I knew after that I needed one of my own.  


I am looking forward to running with it tomorrow night, and maybe even using it on the bike tonight.  There is a way you can change it from running to biking, and if I can figure it out I will use it tonight.  Is seems very user friendly and I researched it a lot and finally decided this was the perfect one for me.  I have to say thanks to my Grandma because I saved up my Christmas money for this toy!  


This came in the mail yesterday too!  What a perfect day!  If you would have told me 2 years ago when I started running that I would be purchasing a Garmin watch and would be changing my People magazine subscription to Runner's world I would have never believed you.  Quite frankly, I just don't have time to keep with with the People magazine weekly.  I was reading about Jessica Simpson's baby shower when the magazine with her on the cover with her new baby arrived.  So, I just can't keep up and decided not to renew it. 
 

I bought a Runner's world magazine last month and Mark and I read all the articles. We decided to get a subscription since we are both into this running thing right now.  Again, 2 years ago when I started running I would have never thought I would be as serious as I am.  I enjoy the exercise, I have super nice running shoes, Mizuno's are my favorite.  I have connected with an old high school friend and we are doing several races together.  Mark and I are both looking forward to getting some runs in while we are in San Diego enjoying the prefect weather there.  

Running is great exercise, you can do it anywhere at anytime.  It is nice and quiet, or you can get lost in the music while you run.  It is pretty much routine for Mark and I to get a run in early Saturday mornings before starting our weekend.  Mark is training for a triathlon now that he will do on August 5th up near Smithville lake.  I will probably do another half marathon this fall, although I have not officially signed up yet!  I will keep you posted.  

No comments: