How was your 4th of July holiday? Ours was great! Mark and I took the rest of the week off and traveled to Omaha to celebrate the 4th of July with his family. His brother always has a huge party and we always have a great time!
We headed out Wednesday morning, with Zoe too! We decided to bring her up to Omaha since she had just spent 10 days in the kennel. We did not want to make her go back again!
The girls agreed to a few photos and we were off.
We stopped in St. Joe so we could hit Chick fil A for lunch. That is about the only fast food Mark and I really like. I was attacked by ketchup...all over my purse, wallet, hair, shirt and white shorts. I kid you not..and it was not because of me. The lady sitting behind me opened her ketchup and then she said "Oh, it was like a volcano." It was everywhere. I basically stripped in the bathroom (in a stall of course) trying to get the ketchup off my clothes..white shorts...and all. Lauren was a huge help pointing the ketchup stains out to me...and Mark found ketchup on the headrest of his car before we headed home Friday morning. Gross.
Once we arrived in Omaha we headed to Pat's house and tried to stay cool by sitting under the tents.
The kids hit the water and they were fine. Lauren is in the blue and white stripped suit, and Addison is sitting on Emma's lap! They had a good time in the water.
I brought watermelon and it was a hit with everyone. Especially the kids.
The fireworks in Pat's neighborhood are amazing. You can literally see hundreds of fireworks going off in all directions.
The girls stayed up super late watching all the action.
I played around with the settings on my camera and captured some cool fireworks.
Thursday morning we hit the Omaha Zoo before it got too hot.
This jellyfish was amazing.
Addison was obsessed with the monkeys again like she was at the San Diego Zoo. I have always loved the Omaha Zoo, but after being in San Diego just a week before it was a little bit of a let down. But, it was still fun!
We hung out at Aunt Chris's house Thursday afternoon and all the cousins played in Emma's room with her Polly Pockets. They were very creative.
After dinner we hit Orange Leaf for dessert. What could be better than Orange Leaf with ALL your cousins? Lauren and Addison were in heaven.
Mark and Lauren went to see Brave Saturday morning...so Addison and I went here...
before we went to Kids Zone (an indoor bounce house place in Blue Springs.) We figured Addison was a little young for Brave. She did really well with Madagascar 3, but I don't think Brave would have kept her attention. We had fun together and Mark and Lauren had fun together.
Since we had so much fun at the first Sporting KC game we decided to go to another. We headed out there Saturday night...
and at 8:00 at half time it was still....
Oh my word it was H-O-T. We were not allowed to say it. The girls know when we go somewhere and we KNOW it is going to be hot I don't want to hear them complain. So it turns it into a game and makes it fun when they start to complain they catch themselves and stop and laugh.
I don't think I have ever been outside for an extended period of time when it is over 100 degrees outside.
We stayed cool with 2 of these and lots of bottled water.
We had a ton of fun, even though the game ended in a tie.
We really need to learn more about the sport of soccer because the Sporting KC games are the place to be in Kansas City. If you have not been to a game you need to go. They are exciting, family friendly, professional soccer and fun.
It was an awesome long 4th of July break. Now it is back to work and back to reality. Summer vacations are all over. I can't even believe school supplies are out already. Thankfully we still have 5 weeks of summer left with lots of fun things planned. I am looking forward to taking a day off to take Lauren back to school shopping, and of course the first day of school off as well. But, let's not talk about that. We need to enjoy what is left of summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment