Sunday, July 15, 2012

Glow Run 5K

Last night I did the first annual Glow Run 5K down at the Rive Market.  It was a night run and a huge party! 
They asked us to wear our shirts to the run because they were doing some filming of the race since it was the first ever Glow Run.  I hit the dollar store and got some necklaces and bracelets for the race. 

The girls joined in on the fun as well and put glow sticks in their hair (just like I did) before I left.  They were so disappointed that they could not come watch and cheer me on.  The race did not even start until 9:15 and it was almost 9:40 before my wave started. 

My friend Casey raced with a few of her friends.  

Aimee and I ran together.  I ran at her pace and stopped to walk with her a few times.  We finished somewhere around 33 minutes and something.  Definitely a hot, slow, crowded, fun race.  

After the race we got these awesome glow in the dark medals.  The finish line was kind of a mess.  Very crowded and not much room.  But we got our water and worked our way to the beer garden.  

The race was capped at 5600 runners.  They started us in waves several minutes apart.  That helped a little, but it was still crowded on the route.  You had to weave in and out of runners and walkers a lot.  It was a nice flat route for the most part.  There was a small gradual hill, maybe 0.4 miles toward the end, but that was it.  The first runner finished the race in 16 something...I was still at the starting line waiting to run!  

After wards we hit the beer garden.  There was a big stage and lots of dancers.  It was a great night and a fun run.  

No comments: