I am an official Hospital Hill Blogger and I am so excited. A few weeks ago Beth Salinger, the race director, sent out an e-mail asking if anyone would be interested in becoming an official Hospital Hill Blogger. She wanted all kinds of people to blog. Young, old, working moms, in school, married with kids, single, military, rookie runner or years of experience. It did not matter. She wanted a huge variety of people.
So I sent an e-mail back with my story. I am a relatively new runner. I began running about 2 1/2 years ago. (You can read about my first 5K here!) I work full time as an RN at Children's Mercy Hospital. I have 2 kids, ages 6 and 4, both involved in activities. I told Beth if I was a Hospital Hill blogger I would focus on finding a balance in working full time, being a Mom and wife, and making time to run and train for Hospital Hill. Oh, and my husband Mark is also a runner. He runs 1/2 marathons and triathlons. One of us is always training for something!
I can't believe my blog was picked! I am thrilled! Thank you.
Over the next several months my topics and discussions will focus on running, training, cross training, food, making time for it all and still having fun with my family. My family is my number one priority. I truly believe running makes me a better Mom and a better wife.
I will be running a half marathon in April and after that I will decide if I will do the half marathon at Hospital Hill or the 10K. What do you think? I did the 10K back in June of 2011. This was the first time I participated in Hospital Hill and it was tough! In 2012 I did the 5K and got a PR. After last years race I became hooked to Hospital Hill. It is such an amazing race on so many levels. So, I guess the half marathon is what is left, huh? But, to be honest the half marathon makes me VERY nervous. Did you see the recent article in Runners World? Hospital Hill was #11 on the half marathon list that everyone needs to run. And, as the name says....it is HILLY! It would be a challenge indeed.
I will be running a half marathon in April and after that I will decide if I will do the half marathon at Hospital Hill or the 10K. What do you think? I did the 10K back in June of 2011. This was the first time I participated in Hospital Hill and it was tough! In 2012 I did the 5K and got a PR. After last years race I became hooked to Hospital Hill. It is such an amazing race on so many levels. So, I guess the half marathon is what is left, huh? But, to be honest the half marathon makes me VERY nervous. Did you see the recent article in Runners World? Hospital Hill was #11 on the half marathon list that everyone needs to run. And, as the name says....it is HILLY! It would be a challenge indeed.
Stay tuned and welcome to my blog. Thanks for reading.
So what should I do? Redeem myself and do the 10K, or take on a new challenge with the half marathon?
So what should I do? Redeem myself and do the 10K, or take on a new challenge with the half marathon?
2 comments:
Sounds like you should run the half for sure! Both for the experience and the trifecta!
You should run your half in April and see how you like it. If you really enjoy it, you should definitely try the HH half. But, if you don't like, you can still run the 10K and have a great time. Though, it would be kind of cool to have done all three distances ...
Post a Comment