Well I survived Lauren's first sleep over party (and it was only 2 girls!)
Saturday afternoon Cassidy and Leah arrived for Lauren's sleep over party. They are 2 friends from Girl Scouts and all 3 of them were very excited for the party!
First we opened gifts. Lauren was very excited about all the arts and crafts that Cassidy got her (as well as some Lego Friends.) Leah also got Lauren some Lego Friends, some notebooks, and folders. After presents we headed out to dinner at Subway.
The girls found a table just for 3 and just like that I am already stuck sitting at another table all alone. The girls thought they were pretty hot stuff sitting by them selves at Subway. They were a little loud and pretty wound up, so I apologized to the other family in there trying to enjoy a nice relaxing dinner.
The girls found a table just for 3 and just like that I am already stuck sitting at another table all alone. The girls thought they were pretty hot stuff sitting by them selves at Subway. They were a little loud and pretty wound up, so I apologized to the other family in there trying to enjoy a nice relaxing dinner.
After that we headed down to the mall to do the trampoline jump thing. Lauren has been wanting to do this for months, but I told her she would have to use her own money to do it. Of course, she did not want to spend her OWN hard earned money to jump, but had no problem using mine. Finally, a few months back I told her for the sleep over party she could bring her friends down to the mall and I would use my OWN money and pay for all three girls. She was thrilled.
The girls loved it.
Especially Lauren. I am sure she will want to go back again real soon.
After the mall we came home and decorated cupcakes. Addison was very excited to be included in this activity.
Mark figured when I got home he would just lock himself in the bedroom and let me run the party. No way. I was already exhausted from the evening and the night had only begun. I gave the girls notepads, markers and stickers and they drew lots of pictures and decorated with stickers for the rest of the night while watching a movie. Finally around 11:00 the movie was done and I told the girls lights out. They talked and giggled for about 30 minutes (according to Mark. I went to bed...I was so tired.)
The girls slept until almost 7, had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and were gone by 8:30 :) That is just what I needed. Lauren said it was the best birthday ever, and that made it all worth it.
Then, that afternoon my family arrived to celebrate February birthdays. Lauren, Steve, Mama, and mine of course. Sophie immediately went to Lauren. Lauren adores Sophie and carries her around everywhere, and well Sophie loves it. Lauren totally spoils her.
Lauren loved being spoiled by Gramps as well.
Aunt Jen got Lauren this green peace sign shirt for Christmas and Lauren wears it all the time. She loves it.
Lauren could not wait to eat her cake...
but we had to finish opening presents before having cake. More Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, Justice clothes, and arts and craft stuff.
7 years old already. Where does the time go?
Claire, Lauren, Addison, and Sophie with Gramps and Nana B.
Lauren was so excited for her birthday cake. She kept telling me she was going to put her face in her cake. I have no idea why, but I really did not think she would REALLY do that, ya know? Well, she did. So fast that I did not even get a picture until she was done! She laughed, and laughed, and laughed.
Happy 7th birthday Lauren. It was a weekend filled with fun and a great week long celebration of your birthday.



No comments:
Post a Comment