What a day and what a winter....man oh man. We were all home again today. The bank remained open, but Mark decided to stay home. It was just too far away to drive all the way downtown and back in this snow. The hospital was on an emergency plan again so all non-essential employees were paid to stay home. Since I am a program coordinator I am considered non-essential. Yippee! I am thankful for all the RN's and Dr's that were at the hospital though taking care of all the kids so I could be home with mine.
We finally got outside this afternoon after we all took naps. It was wonderful.
Lauren and Addison stayed behind the fort that Mark made them a few days ago trying to dodge snowballs from one of the neighbors.
Addison did not last long outside today. I took her inside and put a movie in so I could play with Lauren. Mark was still out shoveling driveways. Next thing I knew she was outside, eating a pear and yelling for me. Crazy kid!
Zoe loves the snow too, but she does NOT like the balls of snow that form on her. She hated them and they are actually very hard to get out of her fur. We basically have to have her lay on a towel and wait for them to melt.
We got another 12 inches of snow in Lee's Summit. It is crazy! Our street was plowed in the middle of the night (???) and again this afternoon around 2. The roads seems fine, but school is out again tomorrow.
Lauren played outside for a long time this afternoon. This is her shop. She served coffee and sold sleds!
And I made puppy chow...TWICE. Because one batch was just not enough :)








No comments:
Post a Comment