So now that Rock The Parkway is over it is time to make a decision on Hospital Hill. Do I do the 10k or do I challenge myself with the Half Marathon?
As I was running Rock the Parkway I was having FUN. It felt great. The weather was perfect. There was a nice chill in the air. The sun was shining. There was no humidity. It was PERFECT running weather.
As I was running Rock the Parkway I was thinking, there is no way I could do Hospital Hill half marathon. It could be so hot. There are 6 miles of hills in the half marathon. Yes, 6 miles. Three different times you climb 1 1/2-2 miles at a time up hill. YIKES.
As I was running Rock the Parkway I made the decision that I would do the 10k at Hospital Hill. I decided to beat my time the first time I did the 10k a few years ago. That goal is easily attainable.
As I was running Rock the Parkway I decided to follow the 10k training plan on the Hospital Hill website to a tee and work on speed work and focus on strength to tackle the hills of Hospital Hill.
As I was running Rock the Parkway I was on so much pain at the end. I decided I did not want to feel that pain again and the decision was made. I was done with half marathons. I decided to do the Hospital Hill 10k.
Then, I changed my mind.
Saturday night after Rock the Parkway I was already thinking maybe I could do the half marathon.
Saturday night when I was still in so much pain from that morning on running I was thinking why not?
Then Monday happened. Then my decision was clear. I will run the Hospital Hill half marathon this year. I will continue to train for the next 6 weeks. I will get stronger and faster.
I will run the half marathon. I will not race. I will not go for a PR. I will simply run to honor the victims of the Boston Marathon. I will run the half marathon because I can. I will run to half marathon to say "I have ran the Hospital Hill half marathon." There is a lot of honor in that accomplishment. Never in my dreams would I have thought I could conquer such a thing.
My husband said I was crazy. I might be a little. I will run. I will stop if I feel pain. I will not PR. I will have fun. I will train hard. I will pray for a beautiful day (like last year!)
My husband and my girls will be there cheering me on. That means the world to me. They are my support system and my rock and I adore them.
No comments:
Post a Comment