It was only 5 days ago, but it seems like school has been out for days and it is wonderful! This year was busy. 2 kids in school. 2 backpacks. 2 teachers. 2 of everything. But, we made it!
I snapped some pictures of the girls before heading off to work for half of the day! I was off at Noon on the last day of school so they were able to ride the bus home!
Zoe had to get outside in the morning as well and see what all the action was about. Trying to get a dog and 2 girls in a picture is never easy.
I was greeted with huge smiles after school. I could hear the kids singing on the bus "schools out" long before I could even see the bus. It was awesome!
The girls came inside and began unloading their backpacks all over the island. They had so much to show me right way. I had to look at everything as soon as they got home!
After we got back from the pool I organized everything into these piles and someday soon (hopefully) I will go through everything and get things filed away. I have looked at the girls journals from the year and they are awesome. Mark and I both loved reading Addison's as she writes words exactly how they sound and sometimes it is a challenge to figure out what she is exactly trying to write. Lauren has several notebooks to go through and I have not sat down to really read them yet!
Thankfully I was able to get the afternoon off so the girls could ride the bus home the last day of school! They came running down the sidewalk towards Zoe and I. Addison first...
Then Lauren!
I looked back at the first day of school and Lauren did such a good job making sure Addison was well taken care of. We told Lauren to keep an eye on Addison and help her at school. A few months into school, Addison was fine. She made several new friends and no longer needed her big sister walking her from the bus to home (the bus stop is only a few houses up.)
I love the smiles on their face when they got home. Schools out for summer! Yippee. Now, off to the pool for an afternoon of swimming!




No comments:
Post a Comment