Wednesday morning we decided to take a break from the pool and from the sun and headed down to 5th Avenue shopping in Playa Del Carmen. At first I was hesitant to take the girls off the resort, hope in a taxi cab in Mexico, and go shopping on the streets of Mexico. But, after talking to a few friends, they assured me it was a safe area and that this part of Mexico thrives and lives off of tourism. They were right. The taxi cab ride was fine, dropped us off exactly where I wanted, and we arrived back at the resort safe and sound after a few hours.
Although I will say, the drive there was eye opening and a true picture of what life in Mexico is like outside the beauty of the resorts. It was a good lessons for the girls to see poverty in Mexico and a good way to show Addison why we can't live in Mexico.
The taxi dropped us off on the corner and we were off to explore.
Several of the shops looks like this, just lined with trinkets and souvenirs for the girls.
This shop was ran by some Mexican gentleman that wanted to haggle with you. They wanted you to buy from them, and would offer you some pretty good prices.
This store had everything you could possibly want for a souvenir from Playa Del Carmen.
We all (except Mark) ended up buying several things from this store. Dolls, fans, bracelets, key chains, and sea shells.
Addison really wanted a backpack. She had her eye on one that ended up being $100....a little too much. So she looked around for a different one and after haggling with this guy she got one for more than half off! And she has carried it every day since she got it.
After a morning of shopping, we headed back to the resort for a nice cool drink and lunch at Naos.
When we got back to our room the hot tub was full of bubbles and these octopus. How fun!!
After hanging out in the hot tub for a while we hit the pool for the afternoon to swim. After a while, the girls were tired and wanted to rest....
So they rested and I went here. It was wonderful. I could listen to the sound of the ocean all day long. I read a book, relaxed, and listened to the waves.
For dinner we ate at Bana Fusion. I can't seem to remember anything from that dinner, so it must not have been too exciting. I am sure I had some kind of chicken dish and Mark probably had fish.
Then we headed to the night show. Each night at 9:30 at the North Bar they had show. Wednesday night was the King of Pop show. It was all Michael Jackson songs and lots of dancing and acrobatics.
We all enjoyed the show! Mark and I loved the songs and the girls loved the dancing. The show was packed, but we got there early and had front row seats. We enjoyed some cold beverages and had a great time. Vacation was half way over and going way to fast. We all ready to go back!

No comments:
Post a Comment