Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Playa Del Carmen: Day 5

Day 5 was Mark's birthday!  We seem to always be on vacation on his birthday.  Lucky Mark.  We started our day with room service for breakfast and then headed to the beach all morning!


Addison was ready to get her sand castle built....


Lauren was ready to head into the water.  


It takes work for me to be in the pictures.  I am always behind the camera capturing the moments I don't want to ever forget...and I can recall Mark grumbling because I asked him to snap a few photos of me and the girls...


I was there. At the beach.  Loving the sound of the water and the waves and soaking up the sun.  


I love this picture of Addison.  Her adorable swimsuit, her petite little body, sand castle in progress, boat in the background...just a perfect picture of paradise. 




After playing in the sand and water for a while we all decided to go Kayaking.  It was so much fun!  


Although a little bit of work at times as both girls really were not the best paddlers...


Lauren went out with me the first time and Addison with Mark.  Lauren decided to go again with Mark...because she was scared with me and daddy could protect her if she fell out of the kayak.  There were minimal waves and you could see the bottom of the ocean....but she was still afraid at times.  


While there two were relaxing in the water...



this one was relaxing in the shade...

We enjoyed lunch on the beach.  We had burgers, hot dogs, chips and fruit.  I am sure we all had a mango tango and a mud slide as well.  


After a while we headed back to the room.  But first we stopped at the nacho bar and the snow cone bar.  We filled up our plates and cups and headed up to the room.  Mark headed out for a massage and the girls and I rested in the room.   We headed back down to the pool for an afternoon swim after a while.  


When we got back to the room it was full of balloons for Mark's birthday. 


And a special dessert was waiting just for him.  We showered up and headed out for the night...


Lauren snapped a few good pictures of us!  


The girls tolerated me snapping away each night...Addison in her element.  


A gorgeous picture of both girls. 


I love this picture.  I asked someone to snap a quick picture of us and I love how this turned out.  


Dinner Thursday night was at Mole, a contemporary Mexican restaurant.  


We sat at the bar and had a few drinks (all of us!) before dinner.  


The bartender found out it was Mark's birthday and took some tequila off the top shelf so he could have a shot to celebrate!  It was fun. 


Authentic Mexican cuisine is never as good to me as Americanized Mexican food, but dessert was amazing!  


Mark and I were the only ones to order dessert, and then Addison liked mine so much we ordered another one for her.  She ate most of it and loved the dry ice demonstration for a second time!


After dinner, Addison and Mark headed back to the room since Addison was sleepy.  Lauren and I explored for a while and waited for the night show to start.  Shortly after it started, Lauren decided it was not for her!  So, we headed back to the room to call it a night! 

No comments: