Saturday Morning when Mark headed up to Maryville for his fantasy football weekend I headed out to the Zoo with the girls. I was a little nervous because I had never taken them out together on a "fun" adventure. I have gone to the grocery store, Target, etc...but never somewhere fun for several hours at a time. If you have not been to the KC Zoo in a while I recommend it. We had a great time and both the girls did awesome.
Lauren really is a great kid. She listens very well and helps me with Addison. When we first got there we rode the train. I got Addison all unstrapped and out of the stroller and headed to get on the train...then Lauren says "I have to go poopy mommy" so I get Addison back in the stroller and start to leave to find a bathroom....then the train arrives and everyone starts loading up on the train. So Lauren decides she does not need to go poopy and wants to ride the train....hmmm...so I get Addison all unstrapped again and we head to the train. As the train takes off we come up to a very long dark tunnel and by the end of the tunnel I had the only 2 kids on the train crying and screaming "I want to get off Mommy, stop the train Mommy."
After the train ride we had a great time. Lauren liked seeing the tiger and the monkeys. She loved playing on the playground, and her favorite thing was the ducks and the sea lions. She really liked watching the sea lions swim on their backs and blow water out of their noses.
Addison just goes along with anything. She hung out in her stroller and was so happy. She ate lunch and finally fell asleep in her stroller around 1215. She only took a 30 minute nap all morning but you would never know. She is such a GREAT baby.
When the computer is up and running I will post pictures.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you had fun! I must commend you for taking them to the zoo all by yourself - that is no small feat!!
Post a Comment