Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Zoo in November?

Saturday was a perfect day for the Zoo, and with the girls both up at 6 it was easy to get there by 9:30. Addison took her morning nap and then we headed out for the day. It was awesome. I took the girls to the zoo this summer when Mark was out of town for the weekend, but Mark had never been. We saw sea lions, monkeys, gorillas, leopards, cheetahs, birds, tigers, turtles, elephants, and much, much more.
Even with Mark's help I still could not get them both to look and smile at the same time.

Just hanging out in the stroller checking things out. I forgot to strap her in after I took off her coat and well she kind of fell out of the stroller and then I kind of rolled over her (well just her foot.) She fell down the front and her feet and bottom were hanging out touching the ground, her upper body still half way in the stroller. (I know that might be hard to picture in your head.) Man I felt terrible...but she was fine...I think I was more freaked out than she was. What kind of Mommy forgets to strap their kid in the stroller???
Lauren and Daddy checking out the gorillas...well there was only one. Lauren liked talking to him though.
The sea lion show was the first thing we did after we arrived to the Zoo. When I took the girls over the summer the sea lions were Lauren's favorite. She enjoyed watching them do all their special tricks with the show.
It was a great day and we had a lot of fun. We stayed too long and Lauren was asking to go home and take a nap. So glad we got to enjoy the day outside.



No comments: