The rest of the weekend was a lot of fun. Friday morning we woke up and started decorating the house for Christmas. When Addison went down for her morning nap we put up the tree and fluffed it all up. When she woke up we put all the ornaments on. Lauren and Mark did a great job decorating the tree as Addison and I got all the ornaments ready.
This was the look on Addison's face when she woke up from her nap and saw the tree all lit up. She just looked around the house and went "OHHHH." It was so sweet to watch her look at all the new things in the house.
Here Mommy. I can help you put up all the decorations. Shortly after this happened Mark took the girls downstairs and I got the rest of the living room decorated.
My favorite way of decorating the mantel yet. Each year I can never remember what I put where the year before, so I took a picture this year so maybe I will remember next Christmas!
Saturday Morning at the Mall
Saturday morning we headed out to the mall to see Santa and buy the girls their Christmas ornaments for the year. Lauren said she did not want to sit on Santa's lap but she would talk to him and tell him what she wanted. Well, she ended up being shy and burying her head into my shoulder as Addison screamed when I tried to sit her on Santa's lap. So no Santa pictures this year. Instead we got our ornaments, another Aerial for Lauren and a teddy bear for Addison. Then the girls hit the play area to burn off some energy. They played in the bus for the longest time.
Sunday Afternoon
It was time to make the gingerbread house. More of a project for Lauren and I, but Addison insisted on being a part of the fun. Mark tried to entertain her for a while, but she really wanted to get down and messy with us. This was our second year of making the gingerbread house, and it turned out better than last year. They are harder to do then it looks, but Lauren and I had a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment