Monday, February 7, 2011

The Birthday Weekend

Lauren's 5th birthday was so much fun.  We celebrated all weekend long with her friend party Saturday at noon at gymnastics, her family party Saturday night at our house, and then her actual birthday celebrations on Sunday with Mark, Addison and I.  What a weekend. 
She had a Hannah Montana themed party celebration. 

The gymnastics party was a hit.  We had over 15 kids there and it was a hit.  I heard one kid say "this is the best party ever."  It was so great to hear!  The kids started out doing some games and activities on the floor with the hula hoops.  Most of the kids listened really well and participated in the organized games. 

Next was parachute fun.  Kids always love parachute games.  There were several games played, including one where Lauren got to run in the middle while the other kids moved the parachute around.  She laughed and laughed and loved it.  I loved hearing her laugh, seeing her smile, and soaking in her excitement. 

This is Aiden, one of Lauren's friends because we are friends with Aiden's parents (Mark and I actually officially met at their wedding!)  I think he had a good time too...can't you tell? 
The bounce house was next.  Of course the kids loved this.  There was an obstacle course of the other side for the kids to run though, and then this huge slide to go down.  Addison had fun just jumping at the end of the slide here. 

A good photo of all the kids at the party (except Addison, who was getting her diaper changed.)

Another good picture of all the kids at the party, including Addison!  (Claire, Lauren's cousin is missing...don't know where she was.) 

I LOVE this smile.  This smile is the excitement of Happy Birthday being sung to Lauren.  If you remember her 3rd birthday you will remember her crying while Happy Birthday was being sung to her.  Her 4th birthday we did not even attempt to sing Happy Birthday, with the ordeal of her 3rd birthday fresh in our mind.  As I took pictures I sat there and thought how much she has grown in the last few years. How much she loved having her friends at the party.  How much she loved the attention on her and Happy Birthday being sung to her.  It was HER birthday and she loved it.  What a great day. 


After cake and lemonade it was time for presents.  We went back in the gym and Lauren sat up on the blue mat and opened presents from her friends.  After each present she took a picture with the friend and the gift.  Killian and Seth are her buddies, so I included their pictures. 

This is all the gifts just from her friends.  She got a lot of great things. 

Oh, and we can't forget on Friday her party at school with all her friends.  We took in Hannah Montana cupcakes to share.  After lunch her birthday was celebrated.  Addison even got to come up from the 2's room to celebrate with Lauren and her friends. 

Saturday night we celebrated February birthday's at our house (which includes Lauren, me, Mama, and Uncle Steve.)  A special treat to Lauren was Doritos.  She is always asking for them, but I never buy them because there is no need to keep them in the house....if you know what I mean! 

All Lauren asked for for her birthday was a Barbie laptop.  I don't know why we even bought her anything else!  My parents got her the Barbie laptop and she was in heaven!  Thanks Gramps and Nana. 

Aunt Jen got Lauren the unicorn pillpow pet she had been asking for, and some books to prepare Lauren to read in Kindergarten.  Jen also made the huge announcement of a baby sister or baby brother who will arrive in August!  Yea Aunt Jen!!!  Congratulations. 

Mama gave Lauren cash ($50) and Lauren was thrilled.  She wants to buy the "firework" CD...Katie Perry...I think she might be a little young for Katie Perry...we will have to find another way to spend that money...or maybe save it! 

After everyone left Lauren enjoyed playing the new Kai Lan game that Gramps and Nana got her for her Leapster.  She really likes the game.  Of course, Addison can't wait to get her hands on the Leapster as soon as Lauren puts it down. 

Sunday February 6th was Lauren's actual birthday.  We went to church in the morning and then to Red Lobster for lunch.  For months Lauren has been talking about Red Lobster.  She has watched the Hannah Montana movie probably over 100 times (seriously) and in the movie Hannah Montana has a lobster.  A whole red lobster served to her on a platter.  Well this is what Lauren wanted, however I did not know this is what she wanted.  So at the restaurant we ordered her a lobster tail (which was quite expensive!)  She waited so patiently for her lobster to come out and she was so excited.  Well, can you imagine her disappointment when just the tail arrived and not the whole red lobster.  So, I took the meat out, cut it up for her and got her all excited for her lobster.  I dipped it in butter and she took a bite...and hated it!!!  Poor Lauren.  She was so disappointed and I felt so bad for her.  She wanted a red lobster like Hannah Montana. 

After lunch we headed home to open presents from Mommy, Daddy, Addison and Zoe.  Addison got her some Polly Pocket suff and a Barbie movie.  Mark and I got her a game, a jewerly case, some books and puzzles, lots of clothes, and a fur real dog which she can walk on a leash. 

Oh, and this Barbie cheerleading outfit.  The quality of this picture is horrible, but she loves the Barbie outfit so much that I had to include it.  She really wants to be a cheerleader...I am not really sure what I think of that...hmmm....

We ended the day at a Superbowl party at some friends house.  The girls had a blast, there was tons of great food and it was a really good time.  It was a great weekend.

5 things I love about Lauren:

  • The sweet, compassionate, caring person she is to Addison.  I have said it before, but she is an amazing big sister who truly adores Addison. 
  • Watching her do gymnastics and getting better each week
  • Her love for music and dance.  She loves to listen to music and make up her own dance moves. 
  • The ability to spend an afternoon with her and feel like I spent the afternoon with my best friend.  Lauren is kind, sweet, and fun to be around.  She is amazing daughter who is so much fun to hang out with. 
  • I think Mark would agree that she is an amazing daughter as well.  She will watch football/baseball/golf...whatever Mark is watching.  She will ask questions and really want to learn about the sport or event that Mark is watching.  He loves to take every opportunity to share things with her and teach her new things. 
Happy Birthday Lauren

No comments: