Friday, February 4, 2011

More Outgoing

When Lauren turned 3 she started to become more outgoing and not so shy at times.  Her language and speech was amazing, as well as her memory.  She is still a kid that remembers totally random things from several months ago.  But can't remember what she learned in Pre-K today (or she just does not want to tell me...hmmmm...) 

This picture was taken in March, right after Lauren turned 3.  She was watching Mark shovel the driveway outside after a late snow in March. 

This is one of Mark's favorite pictures.  Lauren is 3 1/2 and this picture was taken at the KC Zoo.  I ventured out with the girls for the first time by myself on a little adventure (other than Target or Hy-vee.)  We had a blast. 

Easter 2010.  Lauren is 4.  We really started getting her involved in activities when she was 3 1/2 -  4 years old. 

She seems to really love gymnastics.  The trampoline, floor, and balance beam are her favorites.  The bars seem to scare her a little bit, but maybe with time she will like them more. 

She loved dance while she was in it, although she did not want to dance again this year.  She prefers the running and exercise she gets in gymnastics.  She did amazing in dance class and really made us proud by getting up on stage several times and performing in front of a very large audience.  This is a huge accomplishment for Lauren (again...more outgoing.) 

She also tried soccer and really loved it for about 4 weeks.  The first 4 weeks involved soccer drills, practicing dribbles, playing goalie, passing, etc...When it came down to the "games" it was too crazy with 9 boys and 3 girls all going after the same soccer ball. 

More tomorrow...I am off to wrap presents and get ready for the party day...or actually party weekend! 

2 comments:

Liz said...

Such a beautiful little girl!! I'll never forget you coming to our room and you were so very pregnant! Happy birthday sweet thing!!

Ashley said...

Thanks Liz...That is funny that you remember me being pregnant...It seems so long ago! But I guess I did take care of little Joe every chance I got!