Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Girls


Lauren had her 5 year well child visit this week.  She checked out almost perfect!  She weighs 40 lbs (50%) and is 43 1/2 inches tall (70%.)  Her vision check was exactly where it needed to be and I had a great visit with her pediatrician, Dr. Gladstone.  She is an amazing DR. and I feel very lucky to have to take care of my girls. 

Ever since Lauren was born she has had a murmur.  I assumed it was a PFO (patent Foramen Ovale) that would close shortly after birth...which I am sure it did.  However, this week with her well child visit Dr. Gladstone felt like her murmur sounded different...so it is off to the Cardiologist we go!  Since I work directly with the cardiologist at Children's Mercy then I can hand pick the perfect Dr. for Lauren and our family.  I am confident it is nothing serious, but I will keep you posted if something turns up.  We will have a visit with the cardiologist in early March.

Now, little Addison is a different story.  Poor kid  has had a fever for 9 days now.  She has bilateral pneumonia in the bases of her lungs, sinus infection, is on an antibiotic and albuterol, Tylenol and Motrin for the fever and benadryl at night to help her sleep.  She has been pretty pitiful the past several days, but she does perk up in between the fevers.  She has been sleeping a lot, taking 2 naps a day, and going to bed early.  I am really hoping for a recovery here soon.  It has been a long 2 weeks. 
Do you see all her animals, face down, sleeping too!  She has to line them up perfectly each night...face down.  Oh, and Strawberry Shortcake is in her hand (if you look real close you can see her!)


Mark and I have taking turns staying home from work (and my parents have helped a few days as well...thank goodness) but neither one of us has worked a full week in SEVERAL weeks.  It was been before Christmas for me since I have work 5 days and 40 hours in one week.  Between the holidays, snow, and Addison being sick it has been just crazy. 

Let's hope she is on the road to recovery.  I really need my happy energetic Addison back.  
(This is a smile...she is happy!) 


1 comment:

Liz said...

Hugs to your sweet baby. I sure hope she is doing better. You know Joe has had a murmur that certain doctors have brought up as well. I pray you get good news about that.