So at 6 years old it is still hard to understand the concept of your actual birthday being a few days later than your party. Lauren was convinced that her birthday was Saturday since that is when she had her party. We could have done absolutely nothing on Monday February 6th and she would not have thought otherwise...But we had to take cupcakes to school and celebrate with Mommy and Daddy, Addison, Gramps and Nana and Mama too!
When I picked her up from school (I stayed home with Addison for the day. She was sick with a fever) I asked her how school on her birthday was. She said "it was awesome." I asked why? She said "because it was my birthday and it was awesome." I think she had a fun day at school.
When she was at school Addison and I decorated her room. I put these streamers at her door and several in her room, connected to the fan and going all over her room. SHE LOVED IT! I had no idea she would love it so much. It was awesome.
After she got over the excitement of her room we played outside for a while. It was warm and sunny. We waited for Mark to get some so we could go to Subway for dinner. Subway is what Lauren wanted and it was great. It did not disappoint, like Red Lobster did last year.
Gramps, Nana B and Mama met us at Subway for dinner, and then everyone came back to our house for presents and cupcakes.
The top picture of Lauren posing with her presents makes her look so grown up to me. She is so tall and slender. The second picture is Lauren's excitement of getting goo for her birthday. That is all she really wanted, and honestly I could have probably just stopped there and she would have been thrilled. My Mom got her a crazy singing card and I captured Addison rocking out to the card. So cute!
Lauren is so great with Mama. She really adores her. I don't remember being that comfortable with my great grandparents as a kid, but Lauren is awesome with Mama. It might be because Mama is a very young 81 year old Great Grandma. Recently when Mama was in the hospital we went up to visit her and Lauren went right up to her bed and held her hand and talked to her. It was so sweet to see Lauren interact with her like that.
Mama always gives Lauren money for her birthday. Most of the time we put all of it in the bank. It has been hard to teach Lauren that the money will be safe in the bank and she can have it when she goes to college...when she really needs it! But she gets it and knows that is where it goes.
Lauren has been asking for her own I-pod. She frequently listens to ours and loves it. When bought her a cheap (kind of a piece of crap) MP3 player from Toys R Us. She loves it and I sure it will be fine until we decide to get her something a little nicer.
She also got the Barbie airplane, that I bought on Black Friday for a super good deal. I think Addison thinks this is her present. She was begging for us to open it after Lauren was done opening all her presents. We also got Lauren some summer clothes, skirts, shirts, and some new jammies. She got a new butterfly bath towel and socks. Fun fun! I got her a new gymnastics leotard and a gymnastics bag that says gymnastics and not dance. She told me she needed a gymnastics bag, not a dance bag.
Grandma Harding got her Dance 3 and a few pair of jeans. I am sure we will be dancing this weekend.
After dinner and presents we sang Happy Birthday. I got Lauren this small cookie cake for the night. She loved the surprise when I picked it up from the grocery store this weekend.
Turning 6 has been a ton of fun for Lauren. I love creating such lasting memories for my kids on their birthday's. Oh, I forgot to mention that we enjoyed donuts that morning for breakfast at Lamar's donuts and I got to take Lauren to school and help her in with her big box of cupcakes! It was a great day. I got to spend the day at home with Addison, who was running a fever and not feeling well, and I got to take Lauren to school and pick her up. It was a ton of fun for me too!

No comments:
Post a Comment