Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day and Birthday

Birthday's are fun at our house.  What I love the most is that everyone gets excited for every one's birthday.  Did you follow that?  It doesn't matter who is actually having the birthday, it is a party and fun for everyone.  Especially Lauren right now.  She was out of school Monday for the snow, so she spent the day at Child Prodigy.  She made me the card on left at Child Prodigy.  Then when we got home from the daycare she told me she had to do her writing homework since she missed school.  Seriously, she had a snow day and still came home and did writing.  That girl loves to write!  As you can see, she was excited for my birthday too. 
Since my birthday is on Valentine's Day the girls and Mark are showered with gifts too.  Maybe that is why Lauren was so excited.  She knew she would be getting some goodies as well. 

I was able to leave work early and go to Lauren's Valentines party at school.  I love it when I can be there, and she loves it too.  The kids did some arts and crafts, played three games and then enjoyed a snack.  I helped out with one of the games, so I did not get to take as many pictures, but I really enjoyed talking to the kids.  I pretty much have all the kids names in her class figured out.  I have been to a few parties in the classroom and school events, and of course her birthday party, so I have seen the kids a lot.  I love knowing who they are and who she talks about and plays with. 


These gifts were waiting in the kitchen the next morning.  The top picture is what Mark and the girls got me.  They made their own cards, which I love. So creative and so unique.  Mark also made a list of the 36 things he loves about me.  It was an awesome list, so creative and thoughtful.  Zoe delivered it to me this morning. 

I got Mark some wine, chocolate and the Adele CD.  She was so good on the Grammy's and Mark mentioned that he really likes her songs, and I think the girls will like the CD too.  It is something to listen to in Mark's car and a little more appropriate than Katy Perry!  The girls got some chocolate, candy, and bubbles.  I got Addison a little Hello Kitty thing and Lauren some workbooks (which she loves, of course.) 

We went out to dinner at Salty Iguana's, a local Mexican place that we love.  We got there early and did not have to wait.  We enjoyed sopapillas for dessert.  OMG they were so good.  Basically they were a deep fried cinnamon donut dipped in honey.  Wonderful!  After dinner we came home and opened presents and hung out.  It was a great day and night. 



My best attempt at getting the girls to smile and capture two good smiles at the same time...it is never an easy task!  Happy Valentine's Day. 

No comments: