Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'm Not Gonna Lie...

while Mark was out golfing all weekend with his brother Pat, and Dave,  I was counting down the minutes until he came home.  Some days are just like that, ya know? 
The weekend started out great.  I went and saw "The Lucky One" after work on Friday with a co-worker.  It was a great movie.  Not because Zac Efron is a good actor, but because he is so HOT! 

Pat and Dave got in town late Friday night and the guys headed out for golf Saturday morning.  I was able to get a quick run in before they left, and it was cold.  After they left I attempted get the girls ready for the Kite Festival.  Lauren whined that she did not want to go. She said she just wanted to stay home and play.  Addison was ready to go, but refusing to go potty before we left.  Had she even gone potty yet this morning?  I could not remember.  She has a freaky way of not going potty for hours, even first thing in the morning when she wakes up.  After yelling at Lauren for being unappreciative of the activity I had planned for her she agreed to go and that it might be fun.  Thankfully I did not have to continue to fight with her about going out to have fun. 

The girls actually had a blast at the Kite Festival and did not want to leave.  I had to run a few errands, and actually they were angels at the few stops I had to make.  We all took naps and that felt good. 

When Mark and the guys got back I went shopping for a few hours and then enjoyed an awesome night outside, grilling, and hanging out.  We let the girls stay up way too late and they were a real pleasure to get to bed...

Sunday I decided to take them to church alone.  Not exactly the way I like to spend my Sunday morning.  Addison is a terror in church anyway, and it continued today.  She did really great until about 10:20 when she started dancing during the prayer.  I attempted to stop her, distract her, redirect her, etc...nothing worked.  She decided to scream for Daddy at the top of her lungs, echoing through the church.. it was lovely. She knew she had lost her donut (good old bribery) so she screamed about that as well. 

I took her out and got her quite and after a while she looked up and said "do i get half my donut? I was good during half of church.  Daddy said I could get half my donut" (like 2 months ago.) 

The fun continued the store with poor listening from Lauren and sassiness from Addison.  But I had to get groceries, so I continued on. 

By the end of the trip, I told the girls when we got home both were going to there room until I said they can come out.  And they actually listened.  They stayed in their room for about 15 minutes, and I had silence. 

Naps were good and I knew Mark would be home soon...until I got a text that he was hangout for a while longer after golf.  Lucky me...I sent him few messages back and forth and then he headed home.  When he got home he offered to take the girls to the park and i was so thankful.  I made dinner and then headed up to the gym for 30 minutes of peace and quite. 

Tonight is one of those nights I am looking forward to heading back to work on Monday, but that quickly faded.  I went to check on Addison and that little girl was naked.  She quietly took her jammies off, laid them on her blanket, and then fell asleep.  We never know what she is doing in there before she goes to sleep, but she is usually very quite. 

So while I felt a little over whelmed this weekend, yelled a few too many times and was told I was bullying Lauren (I call it parenting) looking back it was not that bad.  So I yell at Lauren and redirect her, she calls me mean and a bully and I call it parenting.  A few minutes later she is hugging me and saying I am sorry.  So, I think I am getting through to her...somehow, some way...

No comments: