Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Closets

Is it a little weird that I get excited about rearranging and cleaning out the girls closets as seasons change?  Moving Winter clothes into storage and washing up all the new Spring clothes...that is my idea of fun!  Mark thinks I am crazy that I can arrange and rearrange the girls closets and to him they look pretty much the same as when I started, but I know what I accomplished.  
This is the year of the skirts for Lauren.  She no longer wears dresses.  This happened shortly after Kindergarten started.  Peer pressure setting in already.  She had told me this Spring all she wants to wear is skirts and shirts (and flip flops of course.)  No dresses, no shorts, no capris.  So she has a white skirt for Easter with a cute little shirt, three jeans skirts.  Her favorite silver sparkly skirt that she wore to school on the first day of Kindergarten.  She has also worn it here, here, here, here, and here! Needless to say she loves the silver sparkly skirt.  She also has a yellow skirt (not pictured here because she is wearing it!) a striped skirt, green, purple, black, pink, aqua, and a khaki shirt.  Just about every color I think!  She is set for Summer.  

Oh and shirts.  Tons of T-shirts.  Pretty much anything with a peace sign, butterfly, rainbow, or flower she will wear.  I would like to get her a few more dressy shirts for church and special occasions, rather than always wearing a simple t-shirt.  She is already pretty particular about what she likes, so I like to pick her up some new clothes whenever she is with me.  

Now onto Addison.  You would think with 2 girls I would not have to buy much for Addison, but I still do.  I don't think it is fair that she is stuck with all of Lauren's left overs.  All of these dresses are new.  They were all just so cute I could not pass them up!  Some of them I bought on clearance at the end of last summer and some of them I just picked up recently.  I usually shop at Target, Kohl's, Old Navy, Children's Place, Crazy 8 (my new FAVORITE place) Carter's, and Osh Kosh.  Those are the main places that I get my girls clothes.  

Addison's t-shirts and skirts (and a few other things mixed in there.)  Addison likes to pick out what she wears, so I move some things from the top rack down to the bottom rack for her to go through and decide what she is going to wear.  She has a tendency to want to wear the same things over and over again (like most 3 year olds) so I have to hide some things from her!  I bought her a few new skirts, jean and khaki, because of course she wants to be just like her sister and wear skirts most days too!  

So there you have it.  Moving out the Winter stuff (well it is on the top rack) and moving in the Spring and Summer stuff.  Fun and exciting for me to arrange and rearrange.  

No comments: