Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Daddy Days With My Girls

Today, I (Mark) will be Ashley's guest blogger. Every year I try, once in the spring and once in the fall, to spend a day each with each girl individually.  Over the last month or so, I have had the pleasure of having some one on one time with each girl.  I have told Ashley recently that I am stealing a saying from one of the ladies at work who tells her grandson "let's go create some memories".  

Lauren was first off, in mid-October.  We started out by running an errand or two, then heading to Paradise Park.  We only spent about 45 minutes there, but it was time enough for about 14 holes of miniature golf and...


Doing the Zombie maze.  I absolutely love the picture below.


We then headed to the Olive Garden.  Lauren has been asking to go there.  Since I absolutely love their bread sticks, I was happy to oblige.


After lunch we headed to the dollar theater (which is now $2.50).  As you can see from the pic below, we went to Smurfs 2.  We were the only ones in the theater!


And finally, we had to make a stop at Orange Leaf.  Anyone that reads this blog knows that is probably Lauren's favorite food place (if you call fro-yo food).  It was a great way to end the day.


On Veteran's Day, I had the day off (sweet bank holidays).  So Addison and I planned Monday Fun Day, which she named.  We started out our day by dropping off Lauren at school, then heading out for a few quick errands.

Pay special attention to Addison's earrings.  They are fake princess earrings Nana gave her over the weekend.


I had to show everyone this picture, because it cracks me up.  


After our errands, we headed to the movie.  Addison and I went and saw Cloudy With a Chance for Meatballs 2.  We, just like with Lauren and her movie, were the only ones in the theater.


After the movie, Addison was still full the Reece's Pieces she ate during the movie. So it was off to the dollar store to buy some toys for our "home dollar store".  The girls both get allowance and have to save some and can buy some from the "dollar store".  But Addison had to buy something there and decided on a dress up skirt.


After finishing up at Dollar Tree, we headed to Chick Fil A for lunch.  Addison picked it, but much like Lauren, got no argument from Dad.


The final picture is Addison wearing her dress up skirt she just bought with some kind of top and a tiara.  This one cracks me up.


If these two days accomplished anything, I hope they created some memories.  See....I know these girls know they have an incredible Mom that is always there for them no matter what.   I am ok with them always wanting to spend time with Mom, because Mom is always more fun than Dad.  But I hope they realize Dad isn't so bad too.

No comments: