Friday, September 12, 2008

Get your head out of the toilet Lauren...

Things you never thought you would be saying to your child. This is the latest one. Why do I even have to say to her "Lauren, get your head out of the toilet."

We have been teaching Lauren to climb up on her little step stool, slowly turn around, and then sit on the potty all by herself. She mastered this in one day which was great. I was beginning to wonder how I was going to help her go potty when the new baby was here and I was stuck feeding the baby and Lauren was yelling "Mommy, I need to go potty real bad." So somehow in the mastering of this task Lauren began putting her head in the toilet (not touching the water or anything that gross.) So I have repeated this phrase many times in the last week or so.

Tonight she put her head in the toilet and then she looked up and said "don't put your head in the toilet...that would be silly."

So for all you parents out there, I know there are things that have come out of your mouth that you never thought you would have to say to your child. This is one of many!

Lauren, watch out for baby Claire's head.
Lauren, don't poke Zoe in the eye.

There are so many more and I just can't think of them right now...so enjoy!

1 comment:

Liz said...

That is so funny!!! Thanks for the giggle. I'm hanging in there with yea on the pregnant boat. Seems to be getting a bit crowded :). Hope we both see our lil ones soon.