Saturday morning Mark and I headed up to Lincoln to watch the Huskers play. We had a great time. The sun was shining, the Huskers won, and the atmosphere was amazing.
We got into Lincoln about 9:45 and found a place to park about 3 blocks from the stadium. We were in a parking garage so tailgating was not great, but we cracked open some beers and drank them quickly! After downing a few beers we headed up to the stadium. There was tons of people and tons of tailgating. It felt like we were in college again!
I thought this was a pretty good picture considering Mark took it!
The sea of red heading into the stadium. It was crazy packed everywhere!
The tunnel run at the beginning. That was about the coolest thing ever!
Our seats were high, the game was sold out (of course, they always are) and we ended up sun burned at the end of the day. It was sunny and 70-75 the whole game, but we were still hot! We had no idea we would get so sun burned...Mark's head, my arms and chest. There is a big white circle on my chest from where my necklace was laying! Pretty funny.
I hope Mark and I can go again as it was a ton of fun. He was so happy that I had as much fun as he did. Of course! I love football! Not as much as him of course, but a day in Lincoln is my idea of fun!
The girls enjoyed the day with Gramps and Nana. Lauren and Addison kept them busy all day...considering both girls were up when Mark and I left the house at 6:15. One day the girls will join us in Lincoln for game day. We both can't wait for that day to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment