Sunday, September 19, 2010

I am Tired...

This weekend was crazy...well all of our weekends are crazy anymore (and they will be for the rest of the year!!!)  Mark and I headed out to the Zoo Saturday morning to do the 4 Mile Zoo Run.  We both did great!  Mark smoked me and finished about 2 minutes ahead of me, but I ran the whole thing and did it under 39 minutes.  I ran a 9 minute and 43 second mile.  I was very happy with that. 
Ms. Sam (one of the high school teachers from the daycare) came over to watch the girls, and Lauren said that was her favorite part of the weekend.  She must have forgotten about this....
Ms. Pat's Carnival.  If you have followed my blog for the last couple years (2008)  or (2009 ) you know that we go to this every year.  FREE EVERYTHING.  Food, bounce houses, sno cones, games, rides, petting zoo (although we did not make it to that this year) face painting, tattoos, cotton candy, drinks,train rides,  EVERYTHING.  We love it.  Thanks Ms. Pat (another teacher from school, Addison's teacher) for putting on such a great event. 


We played lots of games and got lots of silly prizes which the girls think are absolute treasures. 


Both girls got their face painted and a tattoo for their arm. 


More games and prizes! 


Then we found Killian.  With Killian, Lauren can do anything.  Like get into this bounce house, laugh, scream, and play..until that huge ball hits her in the face and knocks her over...and then Killian just a few minutes later.   Poor kids...


Mark and Jessica (Killian's Mom) stood in the sno cone line while Garrett (Killian's Dad) and I watch the kids play in the bounce houses.  They had a blast.  It was super hot and we were all sweating.  The sno cones really cooled the kids down (for a few minutes anyway.) 

This is Carissa, Gretchen's daughter (the director of the daycare.)  She has always adored my girls.  We love her too (and her Mom...she is an awesome director of Child Prodigy.) 




No comments: