Even with this picture I still can't convince Mark that the girls need a baby "bruder" (as Lauren would say.) This is Nora. She is 3 months old and an absolute doll.
You know how much Lauren adores babies, and Addison seemed to love baby Nora as well.
Nora was born on Christmas day to one of my best friends Kori. Kori finally found the man of her dreams, married fast, got pregnant fast, and welcomed Nora into the world after her water broke at church on Christmas Eve! She is an amazing Mom and I always have the best, most engaging conversations with her. She stopped by Sunday afternoon for a visit and we all got to hold baby Nora.
I am in a major IWAN (I want a Newborn) stage right now. It seems like everywhere I turn someone I know is pregnant or having a baby. I know we are done. We have 2 beautiful, healthy, amazing girls that we absolutely adore. We are able to easily provide everything that they want and need (including a college fund) and still save for our retirement and take huge summer vacations every summer. This is the life we dreamed of and are living. We have stable jobs (thank goodness in this economy,) we have our health, and I am so thankful for Mark and our incredible marriage. So, things are good right now. Lauren is about to start Kindergarten and we will finally be paying less in daycare (but still more than our mortgage...uhhh...) and will be able to finally start saving even more. As I have said before, Lauren and Addison have an amazing bond that they have had from the beginning. They get along so well (99% of the time.) So why mess up a good thing? Right???
I am still not totally convinced...Lauren might need a baby bruder that she has been begging for!
1 comment:
I can SO relate! We are done for ALL the same reasons you mention. And we have gone to measures to make "sure" we are done. At the same time, I don't think either of us would be sad if God granted us a miracle baby haha. It's hard to not one more to love on.
Post a Comment