Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pickles

So this morning on the way to work I stopped with Addison at the donut store (Lauren went to the dentist with Mark...more on that later.)  It is administrative assitance week so I thougth I would bring in some donuts for our secretaries.  I told Addison we were going to stop at the donut store.  She said "I want pickles."  I laughed and said "you want pickles on your donuts?"  "Yes Mommy, pickles." We laughed and laughed and went back and forth for a while talking out pickles on your donuts and how silly that is. 

Well when we got to the donut store she ran in and pointed to a pink donut with SPRINLKES.  She wanted SPRINLKES on her donuts. I love it! 

I needed to have a surprise for Lauren at daycare this morning after her dentist appointment.  I took her to the dentist a few months back and she was very scared and uncooperative, so Mark took her today.  There is no messing around with Daddy.  We spent the last few months talking about the dentist, reading Dora and Little Bill books about the dentist and basically letting her know there was no choice about the dentist.  You will go and you will get your teeth cleaned.  End of story. 

Mark said she did great.  Sat right up on that chair and was completely cooperative.  So she had a donut waiting for her at school.  Cake donut, choclolate icing with M&M's on top...her favorite. 

1 comment:

Liz said...

aah sugar after the dentist...gotta be my favorite part LOL