Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First Day of School and some Excitement

2nd Grade.  7 years old.  How has my Lauren grown up so fast?  Summer went by way to fast and we had so much fun that it was really hard for Lauren to be excited for the first day of school...but when she got home she said she had a great day!  


Leopard dress, pink zebra back pack, flip flops.  Totally Lauren's style these days.  


She wanted me to curl her hair rather than straighten it today.  She is so lucky to have that option and for it to look gorgeous both ways.  Oh, and that toothless smile...I love it!


And a few more out back since she sun was shining just perfectly...


Thanks Lauren for being such a great model this morning.  


One last close up...


and one with Mom...


and Dad.  


Addison had to be part of the fun as well...


After the photo shoot the excitement began.  The curbs on our street are being replaced and this morning around 8:00 one of the workers broke the gas line in our front yard.  You could smell and HEAR gas leaking.  It was a little freaky.  The firetruck and 3 firemen showed up as well as several people from the gas company.  The firemen would not even let the bus stop on our corner to pick up the kids...


they had to run down one block and pick up the bus on that corner with those kids waiting.  Then, the firemen would not let anyone start their cars.  My neighbor and I were so bummed because we really wanted to go up to the school to see our kids get off the bus and get settled into their classroom.  So we quick called a friend and she came and picked us up and ran us up to the school so we could get a quick peek into the classroom.  


I am so glad I made it.  I knew Lauren would be so disappointed if I was not there, after I told her I was coming.  Her 2nd grade teacher is Mrs. Riley, which is who Lauren wanted!  


Lauren settled in quickly and started working.  She came home tonight, set the timer on my phone, and started doing her reading right away!  Way to go Lauren.  


Mark and I enjoyed lunch and a movie before picking up Addison and getting home to get Lauren off the bus.  


Lauren came running off the bus, said she had a great day, and was excited to go to Orange Leaf.  A first day and a last day of school tradition.  


Here is little Addison posing on her first day of Pre-K 2 on Monday morning.  She sat down, posed, and asked me to take this picture.  I love her.  She is having a great week in her new class as well.  Monday and Tuesday were play days, end of summer fun days.  Today, the work started.  Preparing the kids for Kindergarten.  Oh my, Addison will be starting Kindergarten next year and will be 5 in a few months.  Where does the time go?  

So far we are off to a great start of the school year.  

No comments: