I am supposed to run my 5th half marathon on Saturday October 19th. I am supposed to run 5 miles tomorrow morning. I am supposed to run this half marathon with Mark. However....I am not running, and I hate it. I have grown to love running (to some degree.) I love to train. I love to push myself. I love to accomplish things I never thought possible.
Last Monday I was doing speed work (run a 400 as fast as you can and then walk to jog.) I did 5x400 and felt great when I was running. I was running fast (6:05-6:15.) It felt good. I felt strong. I was sweating like crazy. I would have done more if it was not getting dark outside.
The next morning I seemed a little sore and Wednesday I could tell that something was wrong with my hip, but I ran 3 miles anyway. Thursday I worked out too, and felt worse. So I took Friday off, but got up and ran 4 miles Saturday morning. It hurt the whole entire time. Sunday morning when I woke up (after camping in a tent) I could hardly walk.
So, I took Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and most of the day Wednesday off. I ran, or tried to run, 3 miles Wednesday night. I was in pain the second I started running.
So here I am. Trying to train from my 5th half marathon and I can't get my hip to stop hurting. So, for now (and since it is almost 100 degrees outside) I am not running. I am going to take a full week off from running and see how I feel next Saturday morning. If I feel good then I will see if I can get myself ready in 7 weeks for a half marathon. That will be tough.
No comments:
Post a Comment