Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Girl Scout Camp

Finally I am getting around to Girl Scout Camp!  Lauren and I want last week (Friday, Saturday and Sunday.)  It was fun. A lot of fun.  Lauren loved it and I had fun hanging out and volunteering for the camp.  


I always ask her for one picture.  Just one smile and I won't bug her anymore.  (Oh, and don't you love the FAKE glasses.  She has been begging for these for months.)  


Camp was filled with activities everyday.  Swimming was a hit!  



We made ice cream one afternoon for snack...


She earned a science badge and made dragon snot!  


Lots of arts and crafts, including tye dye.  


Leah, Lauren and Cassidy showing me a little attitude.  


We hiked...


One of my favorite activities and Lauren's too was Geo mapping.  The girls were given a GPS and they hunted for treasures around the camp ground.  Geo mapping, of course, is something that you can do worldwide.  The girls were introduced to it and camp and really loved it. 


Especially when they found the treasures.  


This was my little group...Sloan, Leah and Lauren.  



We also had the Zoo come out and do some education and bring some animals for the girls to learn about.  


More arts and crafts...


More dessert and learning about fire safety.  This is Lauren's camp fire...all completely edible and a great way to learn about fire safety.  


The biggest hit at camp was trading SWAPS (You can see what they are here) Each girls had to make 85 SWAPS to share prior to coming to camp and that was so much fun!  Lauren loved trading them each day and had fun making them at home prior to camp.  

So with summer coming to an end and school starting soon, Girl Scout camp was a great end to summer.  Lauren had a lot of fun, learned a lot, and is looking forward to her next year as a Brownie!  

No comments: