Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lincoln Half Marathon (part 1)

So I ran my 5th half marathon almost 2 weeks ago...where does the time go?  It was not my best race, but it was fun.  We headed up to Lincoln on Saturday and spent some time on the campus....here is day 1.  


We were driving around, making sure I know where the starting line was and where to line up Sunday morning of the race.  We were able to get up close and take a look around this side of Memorial Stadium.  We usually see the other side of the stadium, so to walk around over here was a ton of fun! 


Again...thank you Lauren for taking a great picture!  



Mark insisted on a picture with this new statue...someone important I guess :) 


Then I just went crazy snapping pictures of the girls as they ran around Memorial Stadium.  




We found out we could get into the South side of the stadium which was totally awesome! We had the whole stadium to ourselves...Mark loved it! 




We finally hit the expo so I could pick up my race packet and buy a few essential items (new sunglasses and a visor.) 


Then we checked into the hotel....the girls loved the staircase.  They acted like princesses!  


We did a little shopping before having dinner.  Never a dull moment with this one! 


Lauren really wanted this helmet...but I said no! 


I carb loaded for dinner at Noodles and Company.  Our cousins joined us...as well as Mark's Mom and Sister.  It was so great having them come down and cheer me on.  I loved having them there and loved that the girls got more time with their cousins, Grandma, and Aunt. 


Of course a major highlight of the weekend was swimming....twice on Saturday...before dinner and after dinner.  


Here is a very blurry picture of Emma, Addison, and Lauren!  They had so much fun swimming...


Then Sunday morning at 5 AM I was up and ready to start the day! 

More to come....




No comments: