Since I am in prime Hospital Hill training now I thought I would blog about what my training is for the next 6 weeks. In italics are the workouts that I planned on doing. The narrative is what actually happened!
Sunday April 21st- 6 miles Great 6.2 mile run outside at a 9:37 pace with NO stopping. Yipee. It was early in the morning and I knew I did not want to drag myself out of bed, but once I did I was SO glad to get my run over first thing in the morning. For me, the hardest thing about training is just getting out of the house. Once I am out, music in on, and my legs are moving, I usually feel great. Today was one of those runs.
Mon- (4/22) 4:30 a.m. video- so did not happen. I could not get out of bed. I was up late on Sunday night packing for Canada. But I did run 3.1 miles that night after I arrived in Canada! When I got on the treadmill everything was in French. I set the pace at 6.4 mph and it was like a walk. So, I just kept pushing the speed up until I felt good, and just kept on running. The treadmill said 11.0. Then I noticed it was in km rather than miles, so I decided to do a 5k. I did it in 28:06, so about 6.6 mph! Great pace. Then I lifted weights for a little while and called it a night!
Tuesday- (4/23) off- I did take the night off after a 12 hour day at the conference.
Wednesday - (4/24) video- I could not get out of bed in the morning since we were out so late the night before. But, I did end up hitting the gym at the hotel for a quick 38 minutes in the cross trainer. It felt great! I did some core work as well.
Thursday- (4/25) treadmill- so I got up at 5:30 and did a 5k on the treadmill. The speed was set at 10.4, which is what felt good ( much slower today) and I finished in 29:26. Did some stretching before hoping in the shower for another long conference day.
Friday (4/26) -video- decided to skip this since I had such a great week working out at the conference and all.
Saturday (4/27) - 7 mile run. When I woke up after 7:00 am and it was raining I knew I would not get the 7 mile run done that I needed. We had an event at the school at 11, Girl Scout event at 11:00 as well, and a Girl Scout camping trip (overnight) at 2:30. Plus, my husband had to get his run in (his takes priority) since his half marathon is on Sunday May 5th up in Lincoln, NE. So, no work out today.
Sunday (4/28) 7 mile run- Did not happen again :( After getting back from camping I was so tired. I took a nap! I did end up doing an exercise video at home (Plyo) and that felt good.
Mon (4/29) - 4-5 mile run- Yea I ran today! 5 very slow miles in the afternoon heat (close to 80 degrees.) I did not have any specific goals for this run. I just wanted a nice easy run. It had been 4 days since I had ran- Yikes!
Tues (4/30) - run- I decided to skip the run and do a Tabata workout. It felt good. It was too hot to go outside and run again.
Wed (5/1) video- Done. Shredding workout with HIIT and weights combined.
Thurs (5/2) run 4 miles- Since winter seems to be sticking around for a long time this year (#longestwinterever) I had to run on the treadmill tonight since it was SNOWING outside. Oh my, is this winter ever going to end??? My legs felt great when I started and actually thought about doing my 8 mile run today instead of Saturday. 3 miles into the run I decided that is what I would do. 8 miles on the treadmill in May. Spring training has been awful this spring. I ran 6 miles at a 9:30 pace, completely flat, no hills or inclines. I stopped and took a break, texted my husband to tell him I was going for 2 more miles, then hopped back on the treadmill for the last 2 miles. Yea, long run over for this week!
Fri- (5/3) video- Loading workout- interval cardio with weights and ab work.
Saturday- (5/4) 8 mile run- Since my 8 mile run was done on Thursday night I only needed to do speed work! Yea- but I had to get up early and get it done so I was at the gym and on a treadmill by 6:30. I did 3 miles total, with speed work mixed in. Great workout, legs a little heavy, but glad it was done.
Saturday afternoon we took off to Lincoln, NE for Mark to run in the Lincoln Half Marathon! He PR'd by 10 minutes and hit his goal of a sub 2 hour half marathon. Yea Mark! I will blog about it real soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment