I love Christmas morning. The girls slept until a little past 7 and were super excited to go downstairs to see what Santa had brought. Of course I made monkey bread, as it has become our tradition to have it for breakfast.
Lauren wanted a Fijit and a hula hoop. Addison wanted a Barbie. We also got them the Barbie suitcases which they love, more items for their dollhouse, some Hello Kitty Lego's for Addison, and of course the Wii. It was the only wrapped gift from Santa. Santa does not normally wrap gifts in our house. He just drops them off and goes!
The girls wanted Mark to open his gifts from them first (before any of their gifts.) They both got him a t-shirt, NWMSU and a Cubs shirt. I got him outdoor running gear so he could train for his 1/2 marathon in April. I got him pants, long sleeve shirt, outerwear, a hat and gloves. All dri fit and most of it from the Nike Outlet!
The girls went shopping at Charming Charlies and got me several necklaces. Mark made me a calendar on Snapfish, some vanilla lotion, a travel coffee mug, Katie Perry CD, a couple of Nike sweatshirts and some running shorts. Oh, and some new PJ pants. And of course the camera lens (that I got in the mail a few weeks back and had to start using right away.)
Addison especially loved her Squinkie carnival.
Here the girls are ready to open the last few Santa gifts. I saved the Wii to the very end. I had Mark open a controler, and the girls and I opened a game. Lauren quickly realized that the big box was the Wii.
These suitcases and this sled from Santa has been a hit. I can't believe how creative and how much fun the girls have had over the last several days with these items. They have traveled to many places in the sled with their suitcases packed!
We enjoyed playing the Wii Christmas night after dinner. My parents and Grandma really seemed to enjoy watching the girls, and my Mom could not believe how good of a dancer Lauren is!
No comments:
Post a Comment