Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve

Since I took 178 pictures in 3 days I have a lot to post and talk about. You know it will be months before I get this scrap booked and journaled, so this is the only way I can remember one year from now when I am scrap booking Christmas 2011!  Yes, I did take 178 pictures...
Christmas Eve day we always stay in our jammies.  We make a cake for Jesus and cookies for Santa.  I told the girls to smile and this was their pose.  I love it. 

Since Christmas Eve fell on a Saturday we were lucky to have Mark home with us all day.  He helped the girsl track Santa all day long, making his way across the world to our house.  He even downloaded the app to have on his phone so we could check the status of Santa after church and at Grandma's house. 

Chocolate cake, chocolate icing, and lots of sprinkles.  It was so yummy!

After naps we headed to Christmas Eve church.  Addison was so cooperative in letting me take her picture. 

Right now Lauren never gives me trouble.  The only thing she complained about was having to wear tights and her shiny black shoes. She wanted her comfy brown boots.  I don't blame her. 

Addison did not cooperate for long...so I got this picture of Lauren and Mark.  I love it. 

Addison is obsessed with this circus toy (from about 3 years ago.)  She thinks the eleplants name is Peggy, just like the elephant at the zoo.  Still a great picture, Peggy and all. 

Then we had fun with the self timer.  The girls think this is the best thing ever, and we can usually get a pretty good family picture! 

After church we headed to Grandma's house for dinner.  The girls got to open their Christmas Eve jammies from Zach (our elf on a shelf.)  My Grandma has made the same Christmas Eve dinner for as long as I can remember.  Brisket sandwiches, chips and dip, veggies, mac and cheese, deviled eggs, and banana jello salad.  It is always so yummy. 

The girls had fun with Nana and Gramps. 

The best picture of Claire, Sophie, Lauren and Addison. 

I think this one of Addison is so sweet.  Love that face and those big brown eyes. 

After we got home we put the cookies out for Santa. 

We also said good bye to Zach.  He needed a snack before heading back to the North Pole until next year. 

Then we all went to bed and waited for morning when the girls would wake up and see all the gifts from Santa! 

No comments: