Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Decorations

So I kind of went all out for Addison's party this year with decorations.  I decided to do cookies and cupcakes rather than a cake to change things up.  The kids loved the cookies and the adults appreciated the (expensive) cupcakes. 
I provided the cookie lady a picture of the plates and napkins with the monkey face and she was able to replicate it on the cookies.  They turned out great. 

I made cupcake toppers for the cupcakes with stickers and cardstock.  Very simple, fast, and a personal touch. 

Stickers were 50% off at Hobby Lobby so I added a personal touch to the cups as well.


Half of the cookies were supposed to be the number 3 and the cookie lady overlooked that.  She was so excited to make the monkey cookies that she completely forgot to do the number 3 cookies.  I was a little disappointed because I felt like there were be nothing at the party indicating it was Addison's 3rd birthday, but I remembered the balloons and of course her dress had the number 3 on it! 

Fresh, colorful flowers always brighten up the place.  These flowers are still sitting on my kitchen table.  I love them. 

The pink lemonade was s huge hit with the kids.  Plus they loved that they were able to get the drink out all by themselves! 

Monkey bread for the monkey party.  This was eaten up very quickly!  This is a favorite in our  house. 


I also made this sign for her party.  It was in the family room where we opened up presents. 

I thought it would be cool to put together a bulletin board of some of my favorite pictures of Addison from birth to 3.  It was so fun to look through old pictures and put this together. 

So it was a great birthday celebration.  I can't even believe Addison is 3 already.  She is such an angel and such a joy to be around.  We truly adore her!  In case you missed the other birthday posts here they are:

No comments: